So Lucy has caught you all up to date, right? My experience pales in comparison to what she’s been through. The most painful part? Watching the torture of Lucy being unable to read. If you don’t know already, Lucy is a ravenous reader, all consuming and indefatigable. At least she was until April 2020. Recently she has been able to start taking bigger bites but nowhere near her peak, Olympic class level. We’re hopeful she will be a gluttonous reader again soon enough.
Alright, enough with the food metaphors, I’m starting to get hungry! Unlike Lucy lazy bones, I have been working full time for the last two years. Most of it agonizingly. I won’t bore you with the details but working for a utility that is being acquired during a pandemic was not ideal. Day 1 of my new career was October 30th, 2020. Starting a new career remotely was an experience I won’t hesitate to bury deep in the recesses of my brain. I wish I could say I was mature in handling the adversity but alas I cannot. I subjected Lucy to far too many “you won’t believe what happened today at work” than she would’ve liked, for that I am eternally grateful, and she is such a generous partner for humoring me. On the bright side she probably doesn’t remember many of them? At least I hope so. Either way I could’ve been better. As of July 8th, 2022 this “work” problem has been remedied as I am now gainfully untethered to the man!
I hope to concentrate on being a better human, partner, and kick ass shuffle boarder. Maybe I’m kidding about the last one? Maybe I’m not? I’ve got plenty of time to figure it out now that l no longer have the inconvenience of “office hours.”
Seriously though, Lucy and I have been planning our retirement since our first date in 2014. This all didn’t become real until recently though. I have a habit of showing Lucy places we could rent abroad on an almost daily basis. Yeah, I may have a problem, I’m not unaware. Recently I showed Lucy a place in Granada, Spain and for the first time she didn’t say some form of, “that’s nice dear” but she said, “you’re booking that for us, right?” I was a bit taken aback I must say. Since then, we’ve booked out 6 months of travel between October 2022 and April 2023. Our itinerary will follow shortly, and we’ll be in contact with those in the vicinity of our path. We hope to see many of you soon, maybe you can even join us on some of our adventures?
Brian
Good luck with the retirement & world traveling Brian & Lucy! Sounds intriguing! Looking forward to pictures & more blogs!
ReplyDeleteSuch good news!
ReplyDelete