Why Chicago? We wanted to go somewhere neither of us had visited before. (Technically, I have been to Chicago once, but I spent three days locked in a laboratory of the Field Museum and saw zilch of the city.) And to be honest, because we have delightful hosts in Harry and Deb who were willing to open their home to us. Win-win!
We started out with the Architecture Boat Tour on the Chicago River. Naturally, the skies opened and we got soaked. Being Alaskans (and not wanting to be wimps like the Canadians seated in front of us) we stayed up top and viewed every last building we could.
I didn't realize how many of my impressions of Chicago came from movies. Steve McQueen's The Hunter, The Fugitive, and - yes - Adventures in Babysitting.
Calder! Naturally. We like all the public art scattered about. And looming over us.
A return to the Field Museum was a must. The Giant Sloth spoke to me.
Brian didn't know what I was snapping over his shoulder....
Hello Tall Friend!
Things in Chicago are big. We went for a quintessential steakhouse for a dinner out. Our steaks were enormous. The potato was ridiculous. This is the single serving of chocolate mousse pie. It's a freaking quarter of a cake!! (Harry & Deb - check your freezer).
We checked out the Bean from below, but the best view is from Cindy's Rooftop. Highly recommend.
Rooftops are the best. The City shines at night.
~Lucy









I finally figured out how to use your blog & am now caught up👌🤗❤️!! Love it❤️❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteWe also love this city and your photos from it! I never did try a Chicago style steakhouse, but I can affirm that Cindy's rooftop is pretty great. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos of you both, especially the one under the Calder sculpture - - got to love his public art! So blissfully free
ReplyDelete