Saturday, December 24, 2022

Granada

We’ve arrived in Granada, our home for the next month. We've been here for over a week, but are behind in blogging. As I admitted to Annie, when I was last blogging I was traveling (mostly) solo so blogging was a good way of writing home and downloading my brain. Sharing travels with Brian, a lot of the reactions are shared. So it feels less urgent to write it all down. Nevertheless, an update!

 

I know Granada is hugely touristy (the Alhambra is the most visited site in Spain, etc), but I’m already liking it better than Madrid. For one, our apartment is larger, has a better shower and hot water delivery, a better kitchen, etc. We have a view of the Alhambra from our dining room table. The air smells like cypress trees. We’re on a car-free street in the El Albaicin neighborhood, which is largely car-free anyway.

 
Of course, I’d hate being here in August in the heat and crowds, but right now it’s magical. The day after our arrival we went to the Arabian baths. Brian found an early bird special – 40% off if you went on a weekday before 4pm. Um, fine? The hammam was delightful. It was also Brian’s first full body massage. Plus we enjoyed four pools of different temperatures, a steam room, hot stones, candles, Arabian tiles, and mint tea. Just wonderful. We’re definitely eyeing the possibilities in Morocco in January….


 



~Lucy
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment