(or as our friend Autumn put it...."I believe it's pronounced Pride".)
We've been back in Alaska for seven weeks, and it's been a whirlwind. Which is a little odd since we're still spreading out social events with rest time. But getting home made us realize just how many loved ones we have here, and how nice it is to spend time with them.
We've spent some time with our medical providers, trying to get a handle on my Long Covid symptoms. There's still so much we don't know, and there aren't any clear solutions. Which means I get to have a heart monitor strapped to me for another two weeks. So itchy!
I'm back to my regular walks, which translate to casual bird-watching. Today's culprits were a single bald eagle, a whimbrel, two sandhill cranes, a grebe, and many pintail and mallard ducks. The big birder news is that a Western tanager was spotted on my parents' street. This is only the third recorded sighting in Anchorage, so the birdparazzi were out in force. I am never going to be that committed, if only because I could barely lift one of their ridiculous cameras.
Because we can’t guarantee my energy levels on a regular basis, we aren’t committing to a schedule. But we have opted for one-off volunteering days. So far we’ve taken part in picking up trash in the local park, and are slated for traffic control at a triathlon next weekend. We'll be pulling double duty of cheering on our friends at the same time. Win-win.
Today is also National Donut Day (or Doughnut - both are acceptable usages). So my walk with Rachel was extended to the Kobuk Coffee Company, for a glazed old fashioned. Don't let the photo fool you, we each got one.
![]() |
| Donuts with Rachel |
![]() |
| Poor Quality Photo of a Sandhill Crane |


No comments:
Post a Comment