We joined our loved ones for Thanksgiving at a fascinating agricultural tourism property - Ohana Retreat. The site included 150 fruit trees, including one that had a fruit that tasted like brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple. I still need to figure out what that was.
Adjusting to the Kona side was a little hard. It was much hotter and I got heat exhaustion, followed by heat rash. Yuck. Luckily there was a nice pool to cool off in.
 |
| Sunsets on This Side of the Island |
 |
| Brian in the Pool |
 |
A Brief, Unplanned Cocktail Hour
|
 |
My Mind-Bogglingly Enormous Family
|
~Lucy
The fruit (I confirmed with Lucy) is one of my favorites. It's called mamey and it is common in many parts of Mexico. More precisely, *mamey spate*. Here's a link where you can learn more: https://www.brookstropicals.com/our-specialties/mamey-sapote/
ReplyDeleteGrr... mamey sapote. Damned autocorrect!
Delete