I am back at work with DOWL, my old firm. They contacted me early in the year to ask if I would be interested in coming back. I was both excited and reluctant. I miss being able to contribute, but I also hate letting people down. If my brain bonks out, that will be the result. But they are very understanding of my limitations and we’re feeling our way forward. I'm sticking to about 10 hours per week, and seeing how it goes. I also don't want to give up the relaxation and joy in other activities I have found in retirement! So this is all one big balancing act.
My work consists of senior document review, answering questions, wrangling a client who needs a little extra hand-holding, and mentoring some new hires. So far, so good. Plus, I got a welcome back swag box with the special DOWL "Welcome Back Scratcher". More useful than a boomerang.

No comments:
Post a Comment