Once again, I have failed to blog about so many things. I'll try to play catch up, having been scolded by a few people (hi Dad!). Brian and I are currently in Seattle, where I am going through my annual data collection appointments for the RECOVER Study. By data collection, of course I mean being exsanguinated. They take so much blood! But good phlebotomists make it all okay. Plus an EKG, various other heart tests, and a pulmonary function test. So much fun.
But this big news is that the study is moving from data collection into clinical trials. I will be participating in a drug trial, beginning the first week of May. Of course I may end up on the placebo, and it may not help anyway, but looks like I’ll be spending 25 days (+/-) in Seattle, then 3-5 more possible visits through the year. Thank goodness I have airline miles. I only have to be at the hospital on 3-4 of those 25 days, so assuming I’m not getting terrible side effects from the drugs, we plan to run around the PNW visiting friends. If you're interested in seeing us, let me know!
And if everything goes as planned (it won’t), we’ll be getting back to Alaska in early June and figuring out life from there.
~Lucy
No comments:
Post a Comment