Since I failed to blog from mid-February to April there are big gaps to fill in. I'll get to the remainder of our time in Europe shortly. But a quick update on what we did after that: we went home. For three weeks. In March, when the weather was mediocre, and it continued to snow, and melt, and rain, and otherwise not show Alaska at its best. Good lord there is so much moose poop around our home.
So, why? Mostly because we are juggling a lot of things medically - the RECOVER Study appointments followed by the clinical trial - which will keep us in the Lower 48 for a big chunk of time. But in Alaska we needed to complete civic, financial, and medical chores as well. That is to say, we voted, did our taxes, and I got my second shingles vaccine.
We were also honored to be invited to our friend Renee's naturalization ceremony. Renee was born a New Zealander, but as of March 15 she is a proud American. There was even some singing.
![]() |
| This lady blocked my walk for a while.... |
~Lucy

No comments:
Post a Comment